Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Team.

I am at a loss for words. It is hard to describe what is going through my head right now. (I think I have spent 10 minutes just starting at the screen.) 

We beat the Aussies. We are one step closer to our goal. In two days we could be Olympic Champions!?!?! 

Yeah, I know I have been in situations similar to this is the past....but this isn't a feeling that gets old. I can safely say that instead it just intensifies. I am ecstatic. And I am so proud of what we have done to get to this point. Believe me the path has not been all kittens, puppies and all things fuzzy and nice. But when it comes down to the final wire it takes the whole team to get it done. 

In the game against the Aussies, I got an ejection early which earned me a primo spot on the bench for a little while. I was jumping out of my seat, itching to get back in the water. But I know that my defense (I love defense) will be needed at the end of the game, so I must wait patiently for the green light from the coach to go back in. It is the very hard to sit there and wait. Physically you have no control. But mentally I found myself to be rather calm. I am so lucky to be a part of a team with such incredible depth. Each and every person out there contributes and if we run our system correctly there will be someone open, no matter who it is, that person is capable of getting the job done. Someone pointed out today that every person on our team has scored. And both goalies have made saves. Oh that makes me so proud and CONFIDENT! :)

Bring on the Netherlands and lets bring home the gold!

Oh! And today was Patty's Birthday! Talk about a great birthday present! 

11 comments:

karen said...

Go Go Go!!!
Kick their asses!
You can do it!!!

Can't wait to see the game and to see the final;

If you were drinking I'd buy the team a round or few of Patron!

WaterpoloWomen said...

grande pete io sono contentissima... mi raccomando ora... non voglio perdere la scommessa un bacio
checca

Linda said...

Way to go USA! Of course, we don't get to actually see your game against Australia until later today here in Grass Valley ---- so glad to know the results ahead of time ---- much less stressful. Otherwise, I'd be like your mom.
Linda

Anonymous said...

keep sprinting!!!!

Wolfhound said...

Wow, what a great day. Congrats to all the team, and best of luck on Thursday - We're all rooting for you !
Can't wait to buy you guys a beer in the Tap Room !

P Felton said...

Saw the game live...awesome! Congrats Peetie and Co. I've got first dibs on your free time in the Bay Area when you come home...

Shakespere said...

How exciting! Good for you.
thanks for sharing

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Congtratulations and the very best of luck! I am such an Olympics junky since a child. There is no better role model for children than an Olympian!

Sarah said...

This is a great blog!!! I am loving watching Team USA play water polo!! You guys are awesome. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is go USa. I love watching you.... Good luck

firefly527 said...

This just goes to show that with determination and a lot of talent, you can do anything. You guys performed like champions. You should have gotten a gold.