Lately I have had an overwhelming urge to just throw my computer against the wall. Stupid thing is not cooperating. All my teammates are writing e-mails, chatting on IM, posting on blogs or Facebook. While I battle with the Network Diagnostic settings and pray that this time the server will actually connect to the four strong bars of wireless nothing I am connected to. I feel like I have tried everything and am still no closer to my goal of contacting everyone at home.
That wall is looking enticing again.
I know the flying bits of plastic and computer innards would give me an instantaneous bit of joy, but then I would realize I no longer have my favorite toy and my ridiculous display of aggression had really accomplished nothing. For the internet gods will NEVER tango with a pile of broken computer parts.
So I bit the bullet. Swallowed my frustration over being unable to master the computer skills I needed to simply connect to the net on my own computer and borrowed my teammate's that is working like a charm. I guess that is the spectacular thing about traveling with 14 friends. There is always someone there to prevent you from doing something stupid. Like throw your computer at the wall.
We have been on the road for a little over a week now. Last post we had played one game of the Super Final. Loads have happened since then. With the "hit or miss" internet, games and travel I have fallen seriously behind. But here is a short recapitulation of our adventures since then.
1. Beat Russia, China, Canada, and Spain in the preliminary rounds of the tournament.
2. I turned 30!!!! (On Friday the 13th! It was a great day....no need to think that day is unlucky.)
3. Placed second in the tournament after loosing to Russia in the Final 8-7. :(
4. Visited Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife. Highlights- black sand beaches and salt water pool resorts!
5. Spent half a day in Madrid, Spain.
6. Flew to Chania, Crete, Greece -where we will train against Greece for a few days.
So that about brings you to right now. I love to post pictures and will do that if I ever get my computer to cooperate with me again. I'll stop threatening to throw it at the wall and see if that helps! Back to training......